Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Posted by Jeff Campbell in "Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)" @ 11:30 AM
"The Daily has the depth and quality of a magazine, but is delivered daily like a newspaper and updated in real-time like the web."
Today is launch day for The Daily, the magazine type newspaper (if that makes sense) for the iPad. The press release regarding the launch has lots of info about launch, but the major points are:
- Pricing is $0.99 USD per week, or $39.99 USD per year;
- Billed directly through your iTunes account;
- It will be a mix of text, photography, audio, video, information graphics, touch interactivity and real-time data and social feeds;
- Up to 100 pages focused on news, sports, gossip and celebrity, opinion, arts and life, and apps and games. It will offer views from across the political spectrum. They will come from across cultures and generations, across America and the world.
- Sudoku and crossword puzzles, localized weather reports, and a customizable sports package that captures news on the user's favorite teams. Subscribers will also be able to leave comments onDaily stories in either written or audio form -- as well as bookmark them in-app to read later;
- Initially they will have offices in New York and Los Angeles.
You also get two weeks free and can subscribe via our affiliate link. Want to know more? Learn more about this news delivery system at The Daily site or at the video of the launch. What are your thoughts now that they have launched and we see what they have to offer?