Thursday, April 21, 2011
Posted by Jeff Campbell in "Apple News" @ 08:41 AM
"Apple's results for the just-completed financial quarter, Q2-2011, are predictably impressive."
Impressive indeed, earning a net profit of $5.99 billion on revenues of $24.67 billion. This is a record for their second quarter earnings. Some of the highlights:
- Macs - 3.76 million sold, up 28% over last year;
- iPhone - 18.65 million sold internationally, up 113% over last year, with an increase of 155% in the US;
- iPad - This included the iPad 2, although only the last three weeks of the quarter, but had sales of 4.7 million in 59 countries. The figures were total without breaking apart the original from the iPad 2 however;
- iTunes Store - The online store brought in $1.6 billion, which made it the best quarter ever. The store carries over 350,000 apps and has paid out over $2 billion to the iOS developers. The iBookstore added 17,000 titles during the quarter and has recorded over 100 million downloads;
- Apple Retail Stores - In May (the 19th to be exact) it will be ten years since the first store opened, and in this quarter the stores served 71.7 million visitors with an average of $9.39 billion revenue per store.
There is more to the report and you can read it in its entirety here at Apple.